The State of South Dakota announced the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program Funding for Disaster 4155. South Dakota received a Presidential Disaster Declaration as a result of an early October 2013 blizzard. Approximately $4.2 million of funding is now available for local governments and certain private-non-profit organizations to apply for hazard mitigation projects that will reduce the loss of life and property by lessening the impacts of future disasters. If you are interested in finding out more about the eligibility of mitigation projects or applying for these funds, please contact Jim Poppen at 605-773-3231 or email@example.com. Discussions on your project are vital to ensure all components of the application are completed. The deadline for application submittal is August 15, 2014.
• Applications due to state: August 15, 2014, but can be submitted prior to deadline
• OEM reviews the applications for completeness: August/September 2014
• OEM presents applications to the State Hazard Mitigation Team: October 2014
• State Hazard Mitigation Team approved projects submitted to FEMA: November 2014
• FEMA has until November 2015 to award projects
• Awarded Projects will need to be completed by November 2017
Contact the Emergency Management office for additional information.
Nixle allows local, county and state law enforcement and government agencies to connect with local residents over cell phone, email and web.